The Post-Modern Lifestyle Project (herein "PMLP") is a research and educational project operated by Stephen M Brown (herein the "Founder") and by PMLP employees and volunteers (herein "Staff").
PMLP provides websites, forums, chat rooms, health and nutritional tracking tools, and other services (collectively, the "Platform") and produces or sponsors the production of publications, seminars, audio recordings and video recordings (collectively, "Content") available to registered members of the community (herein "Members") and other users of the Platform (herein "Guests").
Content is contributed by PMLP Staff, Members, Users and Guests (collectively, "Content Providers").
PMLP strives to maintain a Community where everyone feels welcome, safe, and respected.
The “Community Guidelines” aim to set standards of excellence and meet community expectations for the behavioural of Staff, Members and Guests.
All Staff, Members and Guests are subject to the Community Guidelines.
Private communication between Coaches and Clients are subject to the Coaching Code of Ethics, which supersedes the Community Guidelines.
The Community Guidelines
- Be respectful of the viewpoints and experiences of others, even if they don’t agree with our own.
- Respect the privacy of our fellow Members by not discussing their situations outside of the venue where the initial discussion took place. What happens on the Platform, stays on the Platform.
- Do not give advice of a medical, legal or other professional nature, regardless of your qualifications.
- Do not harass, intimidate, guilt, shame or bully anyone, for any reason.
- Support and encouragement is the preferred way of motivating others to achieve their personal goals.
- Endeavour to accept constructive criticism gracefully and not treat it as a personal attack.
- Be guided by what is best for the Community. Do not ask other members to take the conversation to another social or messaging platforms such as email, SMS, Facebook, or Instagram. The PMLP Platform exists to serve its Members and cannot exist without them.
- Do not post content of a sexual, pornographic or violent nature.
- Do not spam or engage in spam-like activities such as:
- cross-posting identical or near-identical messages in multiple forums, channels or venues,
- posting off-topic messages in any forum, channel or venue,
- promoting, advertising or attempting to sell products or services, or
- attempting to persuade others to follow your beliefs, philosophy or religion.
If you feel that any content, the actions of a Guest, Member or Staff are in violation of any part of the Community Guidelines, you are invited to contact Member Support for a full review.
Anyone who violates of the Community Guidelines may find themselves subject one or more of the following sanctions:
- receipt of a verbal or written reprimand
- removal of content that is the subject of a violation
- being temporarily or permanently barred from PMLP activities, events, spaces or channels
- having membership privileges cancelled
Sanctioning is at the sole discretion of PMLP Administrators. Administrators will attempt to resolve any conflicts in the spirit of the Community Guidelines (as opposed to the “letter of the law”) and in the interests of the Community at large.
We welcome recommendations for improving these Community Guidelines. Please forward all suggestions to Member Support.
Revised on 2020-12-21 10:13